Pages

jeudi 28 juin 2012

La Cuillette de Torfou

Strawberry fields forever...
it was like hearing the Beatles in my head while strawberry picking last Saturday.
There were lots and lots of strawberry fields...never saw so many in my life.





So this is a vegetable and fruit farm not too far from where we are and there's a reason for each season! The signs change depending on what's ripe and ready to be picked. You go and choose whatever you want to, as much as you want to. We don't go that often but love the berries and since we missed them last year we got there as soon as they put the signs up.
Strawberries, raspberries, cherry tomatoes, a cucumber, beets and...sweet peas. Yum. And 2 salads that came in later, from a choice of over 6 varieties! I confess I spent quite some time in the salad area, could not decide which one to pick.
So we have been eating strawberries for a week now (I didn't realize it at the time but I picked almost 3 kilos). And since summer came by as well, I will make some real American strawberry shakes! Ildilika, come over :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Your comments are welcome! Thank you,
Nina