Pages

jeudi 28 février 2013

Holy Experience

 

Use and abuse of the female kind
 
I am posting today from the blog A Holy Experience. Although some of her posts are heavy, I almost feel guilty deleting an email if I don't read it.

This is a second on the theme. I read her when I feel strong enough. Which has not been the case lately, precisely because of subjects like this one. We (maybe) all know this exists. What is worse is when children are involved and because I am a mother this has put me into a semi state of depression, sadness, rage, confusion following me everywhere. Yet lastly, bashfully, in gratitude for how lucky we - people not having to deal with this - really are.

I started to get myself out of it a few days ago when I received another one of those 'annoying' kind of emails that circle around and ends in 'share'. Well, this one was meant for me. 
The email was about the prayer Our Father. About a man who emplyed this prayer constanly until he got himself out of his black state of spirit. The message was about these thoughts, negative feelings that conquer us as a result of ...well, life. The email's message was - visit hell, but don't stay there.
Every time you feel the darkness surrounding you for whatever reason, say the prayer. Even if you will not be able to concentrate, words will flow out meaningless to you, just do it again and again, the man said.

God loves each of his children equally. And yet I was starting to ask myself questions on whether that is really true given all this pain is allowed. I am posting this today because thanks to that email, and thanks to this post below which I could read once I read the email, I am back on the right path.

Evil exists, we can overcome it only by doing more good. And being good. And sharing good.


Here goes Because His Daughters’ Hearts Beat with His
I’m still ringing with yesterday’s heart cry: Gratitude has never failed to radicalize the radically grateful and when you are radically grateful for what you have, you will go to radical lengths to share it and when you’re overwhelmed with the goodness of God to you — you overflow with the goodness of God to others. Fire in the belly can come from gratitude for the blessings. That’s where I’m at right now. And Christine Caine comes to this quiet corner of the web and we both ignite. A heart sister, Christine has impacted me in profound ways this last year, our conversations cutting me right to the quick. We all gathered as a family to watch Chris’ video message here — and there are no words. Only now living it. Now living it. if you do nothing else online today — watch this message.
 
Girl Thoughts
Thoughtful gaze
Lady in the night
Stranger #009
Side view in a sad street
Wild geek
The courtroom in Thessaloniki was eerily quiet.
We had just finished hearing the testimony of a young woman who had been trafficked from Serbia into Greece. None of us could believe the horrors to which she had been subjected. Brutal beatings. Starvation. Rape. Degradation. Every. single. day. For two years.
The judge asked the trafficker,“Why did you do this to her?”
Smiling he answered, “The punishment for selling her is much less than that for selling drugs, and I can just kick her into submission.”
There was an audible gasp.

This case is a glimpse of the depravity, pain, suffering and wickedness that surrounds us. Most of us are unaware that this is going on. Everywhere. Everyday.
It is into such darkness that Jesus sent us.

It’s hard to go into places we never knew existed. It’s hard to help people hidden in plain sight when we are not looking for them. It’s hard to be aware of them and their plight when we are distracted by other pressing concerns, namely ourselves. While we are busy trying to make our own lives easier, better and happier and securing our own prosperity, education, comfort and safety, we can so easily forget that these are the right of every son and daughter of the king.

It is easy to judge the trafficker, but what about judging our own heart? How can we who profess to be Christ followers remain disconnected from the suffering of those who bear His image? Do not all people have equal value and dignity in the sight of God?
Such injustice exists because our hearts do not compel us to get involved in alleviating their suffering or the injustice they are subjected to.

In that Greek courtroom, the trafficker revealed the true state of his heart. At least he was honest. Perhaps it is time for us all to take an honest look at our own hearts?
Jesus warned us that because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most would grow cold.

Who then are the few?
If our heart beats for what God’s heart beats, shouldn’t compassion for people and a passion for His mission on this earth be our Holy obsession.
Am I not supposed to love my neighbour as I love myself?
When good people do nothing, injustice thrives.



{Consider muting the music by clicking the speaker icon in the left sidebar to listen to Chris’ unforgettable message? RSS readers can listen to Chris here worth every minute!}

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Your comments are welcome! Thank you,
Nina